jetsetgreen

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A la Discotheque? A la Discotheque!

Club Biblioteca was bumpin tonight! I'd been waiting all day to go out tonight. I got all ready in my grey cashmere sweater and dark denim with matching Manolo's. Parking was a bit of a headache but when I got to the door I was let right through, must be ladies night. With 5 floors of non-stop dancing I didn't know where to start. I headed to the back of the second floor where I knew I could work on my moves without being recognized before meeting up with the crew. I decided to hit up the fifth floor next where I found my friend Capua in the 'party of one' section. He confessed to hitting up the club every night that week whe I mentioned he looked a bit fatigued. The club will be there another day I said as I moved across the dance floor. Hey, I thought to myself, I know that guy ! So I do-si-doed my way to his table and said hello. I can NEVER remember his name which is terrible, but I do know that he's in law school and loves to lift weights. Just then I noticed ward nerd crush sitting right across the table from him! I should have know he would love Club Biblioteca....he's so hip that way. I shifted my attention to him and chatted him up before starting a dialogue between law man and nerd crush, I'm so good. I left with some parting words, "see you on sunday...looking forward to it"! the fifth floor was getting old so I decided to hit the bar on the third floor. I was waiting in line when I heard my name from across the floor. It was Liz, Jenapers friend. I tried to avoid eye contact since I had uninvited her to my soiree this weekend but she came over to me none the less. "hey Liz, I didn't know you came here a lot". "Oh yeah, all the time. I'm actually here with your sis Jenaper in the VIP lounge" she added. "Cool, I'll head over there in a minute when I get my drink" I told her. I got my turn in line and headed to the VIP area. On my way I saw 'do you want to go get a sprite' guy mixing it up at the turntables. I decided to be nice and headed that direction. He took off his headphones as I leaned my arm on the DJ booth. He looked really surprised that I was there so I struck up a nice dialogue about him and he loosened up. He was there with another aquaintance who smiled at us as he swayed to the sick beatz being dropped. "Well, gotta make an appearance in the lounge, see you friday" I half yelled over the music. Just like promised Liz and Jenaper were kickin it in the lounge with huge flat screens displaying pictures set to music. "This is sooo cool" I said softly, "I have to come here more often"! I met Liz's brother for the first time as he told me how he was going to party in Croatia for 2 years. He is hard-core that way, learning Serbian to have a good time. I was pretty pooped after the long night so I said my adieu's and made my way to the door. "And by the way Liz, you are re-invited to the fiesta this weekend" I yelled over the music. A couple minutes later I was out into the fresh air again walking to my car. I should have done valet. Oh well, I'll be back.

2 comments:

Carina said...

I'm picking up what you're putting down.

rich said...

Wow, this is fantastic! I can't stop smiling.