jetsetgreen

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Help me help myself

I rushed to school on Monday morning to find Mike and Cousin E in the quad outside the JFSB holding signs up. I couldn't tell what they were advertising as I walked up. I couldn't think of anything that would top the Azbiristan scam so why even try? But sure enough they were out there pushing something on their clipboards. As I got closer I finally saw what all the excitement was about.......


ME.

They had taken it upon themselves to be my good friends and help me get a date. Not help me get a date with a particular someone, just any someone(s). They each had a blown up picture of my face and a clipboard with a sign-up sheet that they were using to court potential suitors for me.


That's right, there is one signature on there from a guy who said he had lots of girls to date right now, but that we could be friends on facebook. How sweet. It was pretty funny and entertaining to see them approaching people while I was 10 ft away unbeknownst to the potential suitors. Its about time someone got one on me......I'm so proud.

I had a discussion with Cousin E. today that I just continued with my sister Jeffiner. Cousin E. said she was going home to eat an open-face sandwich at which point I decided that I don't believe in 'open-faced sandwiches'. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Aren't the rules of a sandwich that it has to be book-ended by some sort of bread? Flat, pita, white, wheat whatever. No one seems to have a good argument for why its called that other than its been called that forever. Jeffiner even pulled out the Earl of sandwich card......low. Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Carina said...

I think having yourself marketed is about the coolest thing ever.

And I love an open faced sandwich, so I'm hardly one to ask.

tara said...

Funny that you ask for comments about the sandwich and not about your being advertised on BYU campus, which I am still sad that I missed. And even more sad that they did it, seeing as I have been talking for some time about doing that very same thing for you at my job...

Momoko Photography said...

mmm...sandwich

Carina said...

Also: it's easier to pour gravy effectively over an open-faced sandwich.

I'm pro!