jetsetgreen

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Room for two

What a day. The day before Thanksgiving. What are you supposed to do? Enjoy the outdoors, even if it means sacrificing an appendage to the Gods of frostbite. I woke up with an idea, as I usually do, and decided that today was the day to ride tandem bikes for the first time. So I called up Wo and talked her into it easy-peazy.

I left home at noon, picked her up and headed for Outdoors Unlimited where the nice worker gave us an hour and half for $6.50 (normally thats the price for an hour only) and told us to mark on a diagram all the damages we could see. After circling the whole bike, literally, we headed out into the cold. We bundled ourselves with gloves, hats, sweatshirts and fleece but we were no match for mother nature, that vile sunless lady.

It was a beautiful clear day but it was FREEZING!!! But none of that mattered as we toured the sights of Provo to our own soundtrack provided by the Ipod and portable speakers in my pocket. Memories flooded back as we passed sight after sight from our past. "Didn't we go to a party there once?" "Yes, that was the dojo. I think someone was living there at the time". Ahhhh, good times. It seems like every corner of Provo holds some memory for me and it was great to have my memory jogged without Fezzik back to the old days. We even happened upon stupid Danny, a friend of sorts, who was taking a bus for the first time in his life to SLC to catch his plane. Can you guess why he bears the title 'stupid'? After a little over an hour we couldn't take it anymore and headed back. It took what seemed like half an hour to get the feeling back into my finger tips.

Afterwards I picked up Cousin E. from her teeny, tiny apartment to go to the grocery store. But before we left I had to take a picture of her water closet. The toilet paper holder is in such an odd place, not at all convenient. It just wasn't right. The Fung Shui was all off in the cramped quarters. I could not risk throwing off my chi anymore than it already was so we vacated the premises immediately. I'm thinking of getting her a Feng Shui consultant for Christmas.

4 comments:

Carina said...

So you have to stand up? I don't know if I'm OK with that.

Marge Bjork said...

Let me clarify. No you don't need to stand up. However, if you don't properly insert the TP in the first place it will fall on your head when you're pee-ing.

rich said...

Ah man, one of these days. I love it when I see dates riding up the Provo Temple hill with a tandem bike... struggling. Why does it bring me joy? I just want to photograph the Tandem bike people going up Provo Temple Hill and entitle my work "Forget what you know, this is how you date!"

Laquina said...

Hmmmm Rich, I've never seen you on a tandem bike.