jetsetgreen

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

King of the Jungle

I went into the Lions den today only to discover the Lion may just be a regular cat. Not one of the cats Mo likes to laugh at that look like Hitler (they call them Kitlers), but just a regular 'ole cat. Just what am I referring too? I went home with class bro today - not like that dirty minds. We were supposed to study the Middle East after class for our test. "Where should we go?" he asked after class. "We could go upstairs or somewhere else, whatever you want" I replied. "We could go to my house" he suggested. Hmmmm, go to his house? Why would I walk all the way to his house to study when campus is full of places to study. Thats kind of the idea of campus after all. "But my car is parked on the other side of the world from your house and I don't want to walk all the way back there after. You know how much I hate walking (lie)." I said. "my house is really close and I'll drive you back to your car after" he offered. So I agreed, mostly out of curiosity. Turns out he lives in a house that my friends Tim/Chad occupied circa 2003? Then my friends Bubba/Craig took over circa 2004-05. Now it belongs to class bro circa now.

Everyone I met looked really surprised to see me. I couldn't tell if it was a suprised 'she is too cute for you' or 'she is not cute enough for you' or a surprised 'she is not the normal skank who stays around all night, all the time' kind of look. But they all seemed pacified when they learned we were just studying. Phew. The last thing you want is to anger a bunch of bros. They could go wild and whip you with their puka shell necklaces before running over you and your house in their raised trucks. Besides the periodic 'I must pause to discuss the ridiculous things I do with with my friends' to the roomates during studying it went quite well and was most helpful. It turns out he has some pretty normal friends that don't look like they might burst into a rhoid rage at any minute. One even had steps cut into his hair - pretty bitchin stuff. In fact, he kinda reminds me of an ex-boy-friend we call Lilo. A little too bro but with potential. All he needs is someone to show him the ways of assembling an amazing closet and loosing up on all the "buddy" talk and he could really be something. But don't worry, I have no interest in going there. I have done the dark hair and light eyes combo for the last couple of years and I have sworn off it. It does NOT work out well for me - please hold comments back on this one. I just can't pull another love 'em and leave 'em at my age, its not becoming not to mention time consuming.

But I still have a little voice in the back of my head saying....."Oh come on, let us. Cher's main thrill in life is a makeover".

2 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

oh the puka shells! What torment.

Carina said...

You and the bros...now that's a mental image.