jetsetgreen

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I don't know why I'm in such a good mood today but I am. I have nothing special to celebrate. In fact, I have a cold and a math test to take today. Not the best recipe for a great day, maybe the Mac and Cheese I had for breakfast has something to do with it.

I have this song called "Big Sur" by The Thrills stuck in my head. It is the perfect song for a sunny day and it reminds me of the time I went to Big Sur. The first time I went to Pebble Beach this summer we got our work done and went to play. We drove down the coast from Carmel to Big Sur at the insistence of Dan, our housing site contact. Amazing views of the ocean enveloped us as we headed toward our destination. We found a restaurant off the side of the road famous for its river chairs. Thats right, River chairs. There was a river running behind the restaurant at the far end of the lawn with wooden chairs placed throughout. You didn't even need to eat there, you just walked right over to the river and claimed your spot. We grabbed 3 chairs and positioned them in the sun.
Another great sunny day. The calm before the storm. I don't know how many more sunny days we have to enjoy but I plan on living them up to the fullest. Anyone is welcome to come along. And please, don't listen to The Thrills when they say "please don't go back to big sur...". GO....Just go.

2 comments:

Carina said...

Your new site is awesome.

Momoko Photography said...

I would looooooove to sit in a river on chairs right now.